Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Perhaps a bit cliche

There are not enough "O's" to express how much I LOOOOOOVE Pope Francis. I always sounds silly expressing my admiration of our Church's Shepherd, as it sounds so cliche. But I do. I love love love him and "I don't care who knows it!" 



One time I read a silly post on the FOCUS blog about Catholic womanhood and #18 quotes, 

"Feeling slightly disrespectful because every time you see Pope Francis, you react as though you just saw a baby panda in a party hat."

-this is me- 

I mean, can you blame me?? The Holy Father is like the sweetest, cutest man you could ever ask for- and he's our Pope! I think he beats out the baby panda, even...



Not only has my love and respect for him infiltrated my dreams (I think I am at 3 dream cameos and counting...all in which we were basically buds)...but he has been inspiring me in mission, helping me to pass on the passion to students as well.

I HIGHLY recommend reading Evangelii Gaudium/Joy of the Gospel or ordering a copy for your convenience...because it is spectacular! I found myself highlighting phrases simultaneous to reading them, because I knew I would probably want to reference it later. I was right. I had always been hesitant to read papal documents and encyclicals, thinking they'd go way over my head beyond my comprehension- but I was wrong. Pope Francis' words cut to the heart and speak straight to the mission of the Church: spreading the Joy of the Gospel! 

Also, a document I have visited and revisited time and time again with students is his homily for the closing Mass of World Youth Day 2013: Go, Do not be afraid, and Serve. Here, he addresses all concerns or hesitations we have...and excuses we use for not evangelizing. This has been super helpful in expressing the truth to students that responding to Jesus' Great Commission is not just "a FOCUS thing" but the whole Church's "thing" and we are not alone.

Sharing the joy that the Gospel brings; the truth and fullness of life found in Jesus Christ -once we have experienced this ourselves- is then our obligation and joyous opportunity to share it with others! How can we keep such a love to ourselves?!  

In short, I love our Holy Father! I didn't want to keep these beautiful, wise words to myself. We are so blessed to have his leadership to the heart of Jesus, and he continues to encourage me in my mission. 

We are ALL called to mission by being a follower of Christ. Enjoy the words of our Holy Father, and "Go, Do not be Afraid, and Serve!"



No comments:

Post a Comment